UniTEST level compared to GAT (Australia)

Hello!

I am a swedish student applying for SDU with uniTEST.

I wish to ask former test takers abour the level of the uniTEST. I found GAT exam via this forum and would like to ask if the levels are similar to each other.

Here is a GAT exam (2008) https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/exams/GAT/2008GAT-w.pdf

Both exams are made in Australia. Is the level same for these? or is uniTEST much harder than that?

Hey AnjaOBS,

Well, I’ll chime in with a big caveat: I took the UniTest back in 2015 at SDU as part of my Kvote 2 application process, so I don’t know how much it has been altered since then by SDU —> from what I recall, it looked similar to that GAT example you’ve linked to, at least format-wise. I’ve also googled a little bit about the UniTest, and there are some research articles about SDU’s Kvote 2 process using the UnitTest, and I’ve seen it mentioned that the UniTest was made in collaboration with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) og Cambridge Assessment. I can’t readily see whether the GAT was made by the same entities or not.

As for the difficulty, it is hard for me to assess having taken it so long ago, but I’d say it also looks comparable after a brief overview in terms of the difficulty. Again, take it with a grain of salt as it has been some time, they likely alter the test considerably from year to year, etc. Someone’s opinion who has taken it more recently would be useful in this respect.

I assume you have already checked out SDU’s webpage about the UniTest? But if not, you’ll see actual examples there in Danish of the UniTest. There’s a link to a pdf-file with some UniTest questions toward the bottom of the page:

By all means write again if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Good luck with the test!

Fortsætter debatten fra UniTEST level compared to GAT (Australia):

tack så mycket! <3

1 Synes om

Hi, I know it’s a little late, but did you ever really find out how similar the 2 tests are? If you have any experiences from UniTest, I would appreciate it if you share your experiences. What kind of math is asked for? How are the types of questions in general, besides the reading pieces? Which tests on the web are most reminiscent of the UniTest and are best used as preparation?