Non-kardiogent lungeødem

Hej alle i kloge mennesker :smiley:
er non-kardiogent lungeødem det samme som Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
flere steder står der at det er, og andre står den som noget for sig selv…
Håber meget i vil hjælpe, på forhånd tusind tak :wink:

Det korte svar er nej.

læs mere her: http://laegehaandbogen.dk/default.aspx? … ument=9087

men hvorfor så dette i engelsk litteratur?

Non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema
NCPE continues to represent an important cause of
morbidity and mortality with a large human and financial
cost. Because of the resemblance of the clinical
picture to that seen with respiratory distress of the
neonate, NCPE has been referred to as the Adult
Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).?

Bl.a. skriver www.uptodate.com

ALI/ARDS is a diagnosis of exclusion. In other words, neither ALI nor ARDS should be diagnosed until other causes of acute bilateral infiltrates, severe hypoxemia, and respiratory distress have been excluded.

Cardiogenic pulmonary edema is one such disease that should always be excluded, since it is common and can be indistinguishable clinically. Once cardiogenic pulmonary edema has been excluded, other considerations include pneumonia, diffuse alveolar hemorrhage,…

Several diagnostic tests are available to help the clinician distinguish ARDS from cardiogenic pulmonary edema. They include measurement of plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels, echocardiography, and right heart catheterization.

Acute lung injury (ALI) is defined by the following features: acute onset, bilateral infiltrates, no evidence of elevated left atrial pressure, and an arterial oxygen tension to fraction of inspired oxygen ratio (PaO2/FiO2) of 201 to 300 mmHg.

Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is similarly defined by the following features: acute onset, bilateral infiltrates, no evidence of elevated left atrial pressure, and a PaO2/FiO2 of ≤200 mmHg.